Phillip A. Long
To utilize my website design and programming skills in a team environment to develop quality web sites while advancing my skills and knowledge.
Summary of Qualifications
- Over 10 years experience working with HTML, web site maintenance and administration, and proper design theory, using Macromedia Dreamweaver and hand-coding using basic text editors.
- Nine years experience with computer programming (C++ and Java) and computer science, including database design and administration.
- Five years experience in website graphics design using Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks, and basic usage of Macromedia Flash.
- Four years experience working with PHP, including administration and modification of pre-written applications, and writing scripts and applications of my own.
March 2009 - Present • Blackwolf Design • Harrisonburg, VA
- Responsible for development of client websites, including custom applications, implementation of existing scripts/elements, and updates to existing sites.
October 2008 - Jan 2009 • Slonky • Woodbridge, VA
- Responsible for development of custom applications for client websites, consisting of solo work and team projects.
- Designed and implemented a variety of custom components, including paid subscription management, various social networking features, employee time management applications, and inventory management.
- Additional duties included client-requested revisions to live sites, completed in a timely manner without disrupting normal usage of the site.
August 2005 - Jan 2008 • K9 Emergency Lighting • Norristown, PA
Convention Sales Team
Convention Sales Team
- Responsible for demonstrating products to customers, answering questions regarding our product lines, and providing installation and usage advice.
- Additional responsibilities included booth setup and security, and screening potentially fraudulent/illegal uses of our emergency vehicle products.
- Locations included police, fire/EMS, and amateur radio conventions, and industry-specific trade shows in cities across most of the United States.
July 2004 - July 2005 • EagleNet Communications • Harrisonburg, VA
- Responsible for providing customer support via telephone, email, and on-site.
- Responsible for repairing customer computers in-store and on-site.
- Later took on responsibilities as company web designer, maintained customer portal page/site on a daily basis.
- Secondary duties included basic store maintenance, sales of computer accessories, signing up new customers via telephone and in-store, and conducting on-site wireless service tests before product was phased out.
Jan 2004 - March 2008 • Blue Ridge Community College • Weyers Cave, VA
- Initial credit classes passed include Database Administration and Intro to Computer Science.
- Internet Programming certificate, covering XHTML and standards-compliance.
- Advanced Design certificate, covering in-depth usage of CSS.
- Search Engine Optimization class covering basic SEO techniques and guidelines.